National Honors Society
The Blessed William Joseph Chaminade Chapter of
North Catholic High School
The National Honor Society (NHS) is the nation’s premier organization established to recognize outstanding high school students. More than just an honor roll, NHS serves to honor those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of scholarship, leadership, service, and character. These characteristics have been associated with membership in the organization since its beginning in 1921.
New members will be selected during the second semester of each calendar year.
To learn more about membership requirements and Chapter By-Laws, please click here:
The Constitutional Obligations of all Duly Inducted Members:
- Dues: There is a required one-time membership fee to be paid prior to induction.
- Maintaining standards: Once selected, all members are expected to maintain standards of academic excellence, service, leadership, and character.
- Chapter Service Project(s):
All members are expected to participate in any chapter service projects, including peer tutoring.
- Individual Service Projects(s):
In addition to the chapter service project noted above, members are required to perform additional service according to their own talents and interests. NHS members are expected to complete a minimum average of 20 hours per semester or 40 hours per year of service.
- Attendance: All chapter members are expected to attend all chapter meetings throughout the course of the year.