8th Grade Placement Test
The High School Placement Test (HSPT) is a requirement for all incoming freshmen applicants. The HSPT evaluates students in the following cognitive and basic skill areas: Reading, Mathematics, and Language. The test is approximately 3 hours in length. This assessment tool is used for admissions, scholarship selection, and course placement for freshmen year. Pre-registration is required.
The High School Placement Test will be administered at North Catholic on the following dates:
- Saturday, November 14th, 2020 at 9:00am*
- Saturday, January 9th, 2021 at 9:00am*
- Virtual Option - We are providing a virtual option for students to come into North Catholic during regular school hours for a self-guided virtual exam.
If interested, please contact Megan O'Hara to schedule this option for your child.
*In order to be considered for one of our merit-based scholarship opportunities, students must take the HSPT in November or January at North Catholic High School and may only take it once at our location. Students who place in the top one-third of our HSPT will qualify for our merit-based scholarships.
In addition, the top two scores of the NC High School Placement Test will receive a 1-year $1,000 tuition scholarship for their freshmen year. The test must be taken at NC on or before January 9th, 2021 to qualify.
Please note: Students must have all components of their admissions application completed by January 15th to be eligible for our scholarship opportunities.
To learn more about our merit-based scholarships, please click HERE.
What to Expect:
- Please arrive by 8:45am for your scheduled test date
- Students will be socially distanced during the exam
- Masks are required
- Bring two #2 pencils. We will not have pencils to share this year due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- You may bring a water bottle and small snack to enjoy between test breaks.
- No calculators are permitted
- Testing will conclude at 12:15pm
- Test results will be released to parents/guardians two weeks after the test has been administered
If you have questions regarding the HSPT, please contact Megan O'Hara, Director of Admissions.
Due to social distancing and student safety, there are limited seats available for the in-person exam.