In order to be eligible for one of our merit-based scholarship opportunities, incoming freshmen students must meet the following requirements:
- Complete all components of our North Catholic application process by January 18th, 2020
- Take the High School Placement Test at North Catholic in December or January
- Place in the top one-third of our placement test administered at North Catholic
Students who meet the above requirements will be notified via email if they qualify for the scholarship opportunity by February 1st, 2020. The scholarship application and details regarding the process will be provided to the selected students at that time.
Scholars will be announced in March 2020.
North Catholic Student Ambassador Scholars
High Achievement Awards
- The top two scores on the North Catholic High School Placement Test (taken at NCHS on or before January 18th, 2020) will each receive a 1-year $1,000 tuition scholarship.
- To qualify, all components of the NC Admissions application must be complete prior to January 18th, 2020.
- At the conclusion of the 3rd quarter, administration will process cumulative weighted GPAs for all students.
- The top two students in each grade (9-11) will earn a 1-year $1,000 tuition scholarship.
- In the event of a tie, administration will look to a percentage average as a tie breaker. If a tie still persists, the scholarship award will be equally divided among the scholars.
- Merit award is subject to good disciplinary standing as determined by administration.
- Achievement awards will be given at the Spring NC Awards Convocation.
North Catholic has a number of additional scholarships available to students. These scholarships have different criteria and are blended need-based/merit-based opportunities. Please note: Not all of these scholarship opportunities are available each year.
Additional Scholarship Opportunities
- Class of ’59 Scholarship: Awarded annually to students with financial need. Families must complete FACTS application in order to be considered. This award will re-open Spring 2020.
- NCHS Legacy Scholarship: Awards students of alumni a minimum of $250 per child, per alumni. Alumni must be the parent of the child applying.
- Eugene Beard Scholarship:Awards for US Catholic students from the North Side area, demonstrating leadership in their grade school and independent thinking – must maintain a 3.0 or better GPA. Candidates must meet the FACTS Financial Aid determination that 60% or more of NC tuition is not able to be funded by family resources.
- Graham Family Scholarship: Awarded to a student with financial need, academic excellence, and community involvement. Families must complete FACTS application in order to be considered.
- John Latulippe Scholarship: A four year award for a student showing leadership, service, and academic promise. Applicant must demonstrate financial need through FACTS application. This award will re-open Spring 2020.
- McGreevy Award Scholarship:Awarded to a graduate of Saint Kilian Parish School with financial need, academic excellence and community involvement. Must complete FACTS application in order to be considered.
- McHugh Scholarship Award: Awarded to a current Saint Kilian Parish School 8th grader.
- NC Millennium Alumni Club Scholarship: The mission of the NC Millennium Alumni Club is to provide substantial tuition assitance, as well as mentor support for the recipient. The scholarship and the support that goes with it are intended to provide a student, who may not have the financial means, with the best education possible. Must complete FACTS application in order to be considered.
- N.E. Berneburg Scholarship:Awarded to a student who demonstrates need-based assistance (through the FACTS application ) and residing in the Millvale or North Hills areas.
- Military Alumni Award:Awarded to students with an interest in a branch of the US military and have demonstrated financial need (through the FACTS application).
- Regis Urschler Scholarship:Awarded to a student demonstrating financial need (through the FACTS application)
- William “Rip” and June Scherer Scholarship: Awarded to a student with financial need (through the FACTS application) in addition to having a diverse background in extra-curricular activities, leadership and community service.
Questions Regarding our Scholarship Opportunities?
Director of Admissions